HR Officer Apprenticeship at Westminster City Council
This Apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to form the beginning of a professional career in HR; you will support HR Advisors and HR Business Partners in the effective delivery of casework and shadow appropriate team members on their day to day duties. This role will provide support across all aspects of HR including recruitment as well as advice. You will also support the day to day administration of the team, helping them to be able to focus their time on supporting managers and employees.
At first you will:
- Assist with the preparation and management of meetings, and events - including room bookings
- Shadow team members and learn about policies and procedures
- Assist in responding to all new enquiries coming into HR.
- Assist with the preparation of case files and reports.
- Keep the HR sections of the intranet up to date.
- Keep accurate records and ensure that HR systems are maintained and kept up to date.
By the end of your apprenticeship you will:
- Learn to give advice to managers and employees on employment policies and processes such as sickness absence, grievance and disciplinary policies.
- Support managers with recruitment processes and help them get ready for new starters.
- Support HR projects including drafting correspondence, analysing data and compiling graphs.
- Undertake statistical analysis and make recommendations to continuously improve the HR service.
- Well organised?
- Able to manage your time productively in a busy environment?
- Confident using MS Office including Word and Excel?
- Good at working with people and able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues?
- Flexible and able to multi-task?
- Reliable with excellent attention to detail?
- Able to understand equal opportunities issues and have a commitment to valuing diversity?
This vacancy offers real career potential with the opportunity to gain excellent experience and exposure to Human Resources and progress to sustained and permanent employment within Human Resources within any sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Westminster City Council directly.