Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (L2) Certificate at Stanmore College
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. it covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children's settings including early years and social careThis course is forAdult Learners
- to gain knowledge and practice of working in an early years setting
- to develop competent communication skills with parents, staff and children
- to identify and incorporate the EYFS
- to promote Every Child Matters including safeguarding and healthy eating
- at least 1 days work/voluntary work in an early years setting (6 hours)
- level 1 literacy
- clear DBS (CRB) check
- letter to confirm employment/voluntary work from employer required
- If you are 19-23 years old and do not have a full level 2 qualification (GCSEs A-C), you may qualify for free tuition fees on a level 2 course
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE.
The qualification will be pass or refer and all the assessment criteria of the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Type of job roles you can apply for on completion:
- Assistant Pre-school Workers
- Assistant in Children's Centres
- Assistant in Day Nurseries, Nursery Schools and Nursery classes
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stanmore College directly.