Hairdressing - NVQ Level 3 at Coleg Sir Gar
- The course is full time consisting of two days and one evening in college and the remainder of week in work
- Covers a variety of more advanced hairdressing techniques and skills
- Extra curricula activities include organising and participating in fashion shows, competitions and industrial events
- Assists in developing hairdressing standards
- Deals with overcoming a wider range of client demands and the ever changing requirements of the modern salon
- A realistic working salon builds candidates' confidence, experience and develops creativity whilst enabling candidates to work independently
- A hairdressing kit and uniform are a compulsory requirement for the course. Candidates progressing from Level 2 need to ensure the kit is updated
This qualification is aimed at stylists and senior stylists who have achieved Level 2 Hairdressing or who have a minimum of 5 years salon experience. The course covers a variety of units which encompass advanced cutting, colouring, perming skills and builds candidates' confidence, experience and helps to develop creativity whilst encouraging candidates to work independently. Embedded within the course, candidates also undertake wider key skills at Level 3.
Candidates must have completed Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 or have a minimum of 5 years experience within the hairdressing industry. An entry interview and skills test are required.
Continual practical assessments are carried out within the real working environment on paying clients throughout the programme. Written tests, oral questioning and projects are also used to ensure essential knowledge and understanding.
This qualification enables the successful candidate to expand their knowledge and practical skills opening up further job possibilities from progression into management or working on cruise ships, NVQ Level 4 in salon management, and the skills required to open their own salon.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.