Mathematics A Level at Heworth Grange Comprehensive School
There are two different routes that students can take for A-Level Mathematics. All students follow Pure Mathematics (C1-C4), then students have a choice to follow either the Applied Course of Mechanics (M1-M2) or follow the Applied Course of Statistics (S1-S2).
- C1 Introduction to Advanced Maths (Non calculator)
- C2 Concepts for Advanced Mathematics M1 Mechanics or S1 Statistics
- C3 Methods for Advanced Mathematics
- C4 Applications of Advanced Mathematics
- M2 Mechanics 2 or S2 Statistics 2
For A-Level - Min.Grade B GCSE Mathematics
Each module has a 90-minute examination. There is a small piece of coursework in C3.
Mathematics still has exams at the end of Year 12 as our syllabus has not changed yet.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heworth Grange Comprehensive School directly.