Business - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at St Leonards Catholic School
The Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Business is designed to give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare them for employment. The course is the equivalent of studying three A levels and upon completion would receive grades ranging from Pass (CCC) to Merit (BBB) to Distinction (AAA).
- Exploring Business Activity
- Investigating Business Resources
- Introduction to marketing
- Business Communication
- Business Activity and Ownership
- Aims and Objectives
- Functional areas and organisation of the business
- Managing people and finances
- Marketing techniques
- Employing and managing people
- Human resource management in Business
- Understanding retailing
- Website design strategy
- Understanding Health and Safety in Business workplace
- Starting a small business
- Understanding business ethics
The entry requirements for the BTEC Extended Diploma study are:
- each applicant must achieve at least eight GCSE or equivalent Level 2 Qualification passes at grade A*-G
- each applicant must achieve at least four GCSE or equivalent Level 2 Qualification passes at grade A*-C
- any applicant failing to achieve at least a grade C in GCSE English and/or Mathematics undertake a re-sit course in Year 12.
- each applicant must study the General Religious Education Course to completion
- each applicant must undertake the work experience of this course, as arranged.
Students who study Business in the Sixth Form and beyond will have a huge range of occupations from which to choose. In the past we have had students go on to take courses in Business Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Languages, Event Management and Public Relations to name just a few. There is a wide range of degree courses that include some element of Business Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Leonards Catholic School directly.