Geography A level at Heathcote School & Science College
- Topic 1 - World at Risk
- Topic 2 - Going Global
- Topic 1 - Extreme Weather or Crowded Cities
- Topic 2 - Unequal Spaces or Rebranding Places
- Energy Security,
- Water Conflicts,
- Biodiversity Under Threat,
- Superpower Geographies,
- Bridging the Development Gap
- The Technological Fix?
- Tectonic Activity and Hazards,
- Cold Environments -landscape and change,
- Life on the Margins - the food supply problem,
- The World of Cultural Diversity,
- Pollution and Human Health at Risk,
- Consuming the Rural Landscape - leisure and tourism.
- using information technologies including GIS
- discussion and debate
- group work
- individual research/investigation
- using a range of media
- educational visits
To study A level geography you will need 5 or more A* - C grade GCSEs, or equivalent, including English language and mathematics and a grade B or above in geography.
Geography is a good basis for a large number of jobs because it combines social and physical sciences, thus providing transferable skills.
Potential careers include conservation work, environmental health, architecture, urban planning, pollution analyst, environmental consultancy, law, accountancy and banking.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heathcote School & Science College directly.