Economics at Droitwich Spa High School
If you enjoy solving problems and being able to prove why you (or someone else) is right or wrong, economics is for you.
This is because economics students develop a special way of thinking that allows you to understand the world around you and make all the right choices.
Your study of economics will be based around key issues such as:
* How can we reduce road traffic congestion?
* Why are footballers paid more than nurses?
* How can we stop global warming?
* Why are people addicted to alcohol?
* Who benefits from globalisation?
* Can we reduce poverty?
* Why are so many people unemployed?
* Why is the price of oil so high?
* Is immigration benefiting the UK?
* Why is it up to the government to provide flood defences?
* Why does the UK have the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in Europe?
An interest in current affairs will get you a long way in this subject and is essential.
Generally good GCSE grades are required to study economics at this level; ask if you are unsure.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Droitwich Spa High School directly.