Personal Training (Gym-based Exercise) Full Time YMCA Level 3 Certificate at Carshalton College
This qualification is aimed at learners wishing to become a Personal Trainer, but who do not already hold the pre-requisite of Level 2 Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
YMCA Qualifications (CYQ) are the UK leading awarding body for health, fitness and wellbeing.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart and circulatory system
- The musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage and adapt a gym-based exercise and personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- Award in Instructing Group Indoor Cycling Sessions
- Planning group indoor cycling sessions
- Instructing group indoor cycling sessions
Award in Instructing Circuit Training Sessions
- Planning group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
GCSE/Functional Skills English and maths will also be studied as part of the course.
- Three GCSEs at grades A - C or equivalent to include English or
- Merit at Level 2 with Functional Skills Level 1 or Level 2.
- Pass at Level 2 with 320 BTEC points or above and Functional Skills Level 1 or Level 2.
- Applicants should also have a keen interest in fitness and fitness instructing.
Tuition, exam and registration fees not applicable to students aged 16 - 18 years.
You may be required to purchase a travel card for additional visits that may be arranged during the year.
You will have access to the college's Moodle system where e-learning resources will be provided.
You will use our recently built gym facilities during your time at the college.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.