Music A Level at Baines High School
The A Level Music course explores all three main musical disciplines of performing, composing and listening. It is an exciting, rewarding and stimulating course that helps create well-rounded musicians.
This course is suitable for students who…
- love playing an instrument and performing
- like exploring and creating new music
- enjoy listening to music from a range of styles
- have an interest in exploring music through ICT
Students are able to develop their performance skills, compose music and learn about harmony. They will build up their aural and analytical skills by studying set pieces of music from a variety of periods.
- Unit 1: Performing Music (15%)
- Unit 2: Composing (15%)
- Unit 3: Developing Musical Understanding (20%)
- Unit 4: Extended Performance (15%)
- Unit 5: Composition and Technical Study (15%)
- Unit 6: Further Musical Understanding (20%)
A Level Music is excellent preparation for higher education courses in music, but the skills learnt can be equally valuable for those that want to pursue alternative paths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baines High School directly.