Level 2 Intermidiate Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care at Woodspeen Training
This Apprenticeship assesses the development of knowledge and skills relating to adult social care, confirms knowledge and competence in the Health and Social Care sector. This serves as the required qualification for senior care staff.
The Diploma requires the development of underpinning knowledge (theory) taken from the certificate and observations in the workplace to demonstrate competence. The Level 3 Diploma has three pathways:
- Learning Disabilities
Candidates will complete the 9 mandatory units within the Certificate below, as well as a selection of optional units:
Examples of Optional Units:
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Understand and meet the nutritional requirments of individuals with dementia
- Provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Undertake agreed pressure area care
- Move and position individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Facilitate person centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
The Certificate requires the completion of underpinning knowledge (theory). This is then linked to the knowledge part of the Diploma. The Certificate can be completed by either a written portfolio or online exams.
To complete the Certificate candidates must achieve the following 9 mandatory units:
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Principles of person development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles to duty of care in health and social care or children and young peoples settings
- Understand person centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Understand the role of the health and social care worker
Applicants should already hold a Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care (adults) or have substantial knowledge and experience in the adult care sector. Applicants must be employed in the adult care sector. Applicants must be employed in the adult care sector and in a senior role or be able to work at this level.
Follow on courses:
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Methods of recording study:
E-portfolio and paper based portfolio options are available.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.