Applied Science - BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Harrow College
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Have a keen interest in the application of Science
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience
- Want to find out more about Science through personal investigation
- Want the opportunity to carry out practical work as well as class work
- Are interested in developing an understanding of Science and how to solve scientific problems
- Want to study a course that is active and enjoyable
- Want to move on to a higher level course
This a one year course which covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths
Through classroom teaching, practical activities, group work, research and educational visits.
Minimum 4 GCSE grades at E or above and/or a pass at Entry Level 3 plus interview and initial assessment. Evidence of Entry 2 Literacy and Numeracy are required.
This is a 100% coursework based course, comprising of various units. Each unit is assessed by assignments.
Please see our information on fees and bursaries on the Young Learners (16+) pages of the website. Any fees paid for full time programmes are non refundable. Please contact Admissions if you would like further information or advice.
With further training or study, students go into careers such as:
- Forensic Science
- Food Technology
- Analytical Science
- Quality Control
- Environmental Science
- Engineering A BTEC Level 1 Diploma provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced course such as: BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Applied Science, Medical Science or related Science / Technology areas.
Equipment or materials:
You will need all standard stationary equipment, including folders and a scientific calculator.
There may be additional costs for educational visits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harrow College directly.