Carpentry - Technical Certificate in Site Carpentry Level 2 at Mascalls Academy
The Level 2 Technical Certificate in Site Carpentry is offered by Skills For Employment as a full time course based at the construction centre at Mascalls Academy. If you are looking to work in the construction industry specifically as a site carpenter, then this course is for you. A site carpenter has the skills and knowledge to cut, fasten, carve and design objects made out of wood or other materials, and plays an important part of any construction team.
You will gain an understanding of the skills and knowledge that are important when you are working as a site carpenter or progressing to further learning and training in this area.
Following successful completion of this qualification you will be qualified to work in the construction industry as a site carpenter.
This qualification covers all the main skills and knowledge you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the workplace as a site carpenter. You will study the following mandatory content:
- Principles of construction
- Structural carpentry
- Non-structural carpentry prior to plastering
- Non-structural carpentry following plastering
- Timber technology and the use of a circular saw
The units are designed so that you learn the underlying principles and practical skills involved, as well as getting an overview of the principles of construction, building technology and terminology used.
Skills For Employment works with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of this training. This will include:
- Structured work-experience or work placements within their business
- Your attendance at classes or lectures given by industry experts
- Employers input into projects and exercises, or their involvement with setting assessments and examinations
- Employers who act as ‘expert witnesses’ to contribute to the assessment of your work
- This practical based training is ideal preparation for gaining employment as a craftsperson in site carpentry or further specialist study.
This qualification is suitable if you are 16 years old or over. You do not require need any previous experience to study this qualification.
Achievement of this qualification demonstrates to an employer that you have the necessary technical skills and knowledge they are looking for when recruiting for a site carpenter. This may be working for a house-building company, a property development company, or working as part of a small business repairing and refurbishing buildings.
This qualification is supported by the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) The FMB is the UK’s largest trade association in the building industry and was established to protect the interests of small and medium-sized building firms. The FMB supports the above qualification as being important for employment within the industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.