Drama A Level at Ysgol Y Strade
- Study four dramas from different periods that will give an outline of modern theatre development
- Analyse text from the Actor, Director and Designer’s point of view
- Watch live performance and write reviews
- Concentrate on developing practical skills that will enable you to work on a devised script and perform from a set text
- Analyse and experiment with different theatrical practitioners such as Stanislavski, Artaud and M. Chekhov.
- Scene from a set text and a devised scene.
- Working on the ideas of two practitioners
DA2: 3 Questions
- Pre-1900 text
- Post-1900 text
- Live theatre review
- Perform a scene from a published text and a devised scene on a set theme.
- Write an evaluation of the performance
DA4: 3 Questions
- Pre-1900 set text
- Post-1900 set text
- Directorial Analysis
Although each student will be considered on an individual basis for entry onto the course it would be beneficial to have a Drama grade C at GCSE.
DA1: Practical Exam. Externally marked.
DA2: Written paper (2 hour). Externally marked.
DA3: Practical Exam. Externally marked.
DA4: Written Paper (2 ½ hour). Externally marked.
- It improves acting and communication skills which are important in any job
- It is a suitable foundation for the study of Drama or a related area through a range of higher education courses
- A path to the media or theatre
- A good balance between practical and written work
- A chance to visit the theatre regularly
Examining Board: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.