Dance A Level at Kensington Aldridge Academy
A Level Dance is a dynamic qualification which encourages students to develop their creative, physical, emotional and intellectual capacity.
This course is practical and engaging with an aim to equip learners with a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to both current and historical dance practices and more likely to inspire a lifelong passion appreciation for dance.
Students can perform and choreograph in a style of their choice individually or in a group.
- Solo performance linked to a specific practitioner with an area of study
- Performance in a quartet, duo and trio
- Performances will be a dance choreographed by the student, teacher or dance practitioner.
- Solo and Group Choreography – set a task and choreograph a 3-4 min. long dance.
- Critical appreciation of a compulsory and option set of work.
- Students will reflect and evaluate their own performances and choreography.
- Students will study the Rambert Dance Company and Rooster as their compulsory sets of work.
- Students will have the option to study the romantic ballet period, origins of modern dance, American jazz, or contemporary dance scene in Britain.
Performance and choreography
(1) 80 marks 50% Of total A Level
(2) 100 marks 2 hour 30 mins written paper 50% Of total A Level
This course will prepare learners for the further study of Dance in higher education. Learners will also develop the transferable skills that are in high demand by further education, Higher Education and employers in all sectors of industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kensington Aldridge Academy directly.