Business A Level at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Business?
- I want to study all of the key areas of business activity and behaviour
- I want to enhance my understanding of current affairs
- I enjoy problem-solving and making use of case studies
- I want to set up and run my own business.
The course consists of:
Investigating and evaluating real-world business issues:
- How can a manager motivate a workforce?
- How can a new business establish itself in the market?
- What is business efficiency?
- How do firms promote their products?
- Why have business ‘dragons’ such as Duncan Bannatyne been so successful?
- Why did Nissan come to the North East?
General issues for business such as the environment and influence of the government
Young Social Entrepreneur (run your own business and aim to make a profit)
The opportunity to take part in the ‘Student Investor’ competition
Visit local and national businesses and participate in a study visit to London or Prague.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
- Higher education in Business or related courses such as Finance or Marketing
- Career opportunities in areas such as tourism, banking, personnel, marketing and financial services
- Self-employment in your own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.