Extended Project Qualification Level 3 at Queen Mary's Grammar School
- make a significant contribution to the choice and design of an extended project and take responsibility for an individual task
- develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reflective and independent learners
- develop and apply decision-making and, where appropriate, problem solving skills
- extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- use their learning experiences to support their aspirations for higher education and/or career development
- transfer skills developed as part of their extended project to other areas of study.
You will need at least 7 B grades at GCSE* (including English and Maths). We normally expect at least a grade A (A* for Further Maths) in subjects which you wish to pursue at A level.
- Choose a suitable topic that might be related to one of their subjects at A Level or something entirely unrelated
- Conduct detailed research into their topic
- Work with their tutor to provide evidence of their research
- Produce a 5000 word dissertation on a topic of their choice
- Present their findings to an audience
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queen Mary's Grammar School directly.