Bricklaying Level 1 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Do you have a passion and keen interest in going into the construction industry? Then this intense but very enjoyable course could be for you.
This is the expected start place for you to progress onto a Level 2 Diploma or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction tech
- Know how to carry out basic block laying skills
- Know how to carry out basic bricklaying skills
- Know how to carry out basic cavity walling
- Know how to contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level
- Maths and English*
*GCSE or Functional skills qualifications are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and Maths needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
You will be required to have a Grade D in English or Maths.
To progress to level 2 you will be expected to achieve or already hold a full Level 1 qualification in Bricklaying.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work. You will also have to do an online exam. GCSEs and Functional Skills are assessed by exams, some of which are online and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
Upon successful completion of this course you can progress to one of the following:
- Level 2 Diploma in in Bricklaying
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.