A Level French at Holmer Green Senior School
This course is suitable for those who have an interest in languages and the cultures of other countries, and a willingness to communicate and discuss your ideas and opinions.
Throughout the course you will:
- Be encouraged to discuss and debate your ideas on topical subjects such as relationships or racism.
- Develop your study skills (research, planning, essay writing).
- Develop communication skills which are vital when applying for a job.
- Learn many new things about different cultures.
- Develop critical insights into and contact with, the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where French is spoken.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in a residential trip to Paris.
- Media: TV, advertising and communication technology
- Popular culture: cinema, music and fashion/ trends
- Healthy living/lifestyle: sport/exercise, health and well-being and holidays
- Family/relationships: relationships within the family, friendships and marriage/partnerships.
Unit 1 - Listening, Reading and Writing (70%) (2 hour paper)
Unit 2 - Speaking (30%) (15 minute test)
- Environment: pollution, energy and protecting the planet
- The multi-cultural society: immigration, integration and racism
- Contemporary social issues: wealth and poverty, law and order and the impact of scientific and technological progress
- Two cultural topics
Unit 3 - Listening, Reading and Writing (70%) (2 hour paper)
Unit 4 - Speaking (30%) (15 minute test)
Employment opportunities: Education/Teaching; Travel, Transport and Tourism; Law; Hotel, Catering and Leisure Management; Commerce, Finance and Industry; Journalism/ Media.
Further education opportunities: Law; Business; Politics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmer Green Senior School directly.