Child Care Level 2 Apprenticeship at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
Is this the right course for me?
The certificate is seen as a stepping stone to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification .
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings covering the age range of 0 -19 years, for example in the roles of : Careworker, Childminder, Nursery Nurse or Youth and Community Worker.
As part of your Apprenticeship you will study:·
- Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Level
- Functional Skills in Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills in English Level 1
- Functional Skills ICT level 1
You will also study a range of units relating to Children and Young People, including:
· Communication in children and young peoples settings
· Equality and inclusion in children and young peoples settings
· Child and young person development
· Safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
· Health and safety of children and young people
· Supporting positive behaviour
· Supporting positive relationships
· Maintaining positive Relationships
You need to be working in an appropriate job role. You will also need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
You will be allocated an assessor who will support and guide you through the qualification. They will meet with you regularly in the workplace to help you generate the evidence. The assessor will make the judgements about the suitability of your evidence and provide feedback on your progress towards the qualification. The assessor will also arrange to make work place observations, which are a requirement of the qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.