Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This 1 year course with high standards is designed to provide a expert knowledge of various subjects relating to the Travel and Tourism industry.
This course is designed for learners that wish to move into employment within the travel industry after completing the course.
The course will look at employability skills related to the travel industry and is designed for students who wish to move straight into employment after completion.
Industry qualified staff will help learners prepare for the workplace.
The study programme has three compulsory aspects
- Travel aspect: Units such as Work Experience, Customer Service in Travel and Tourism, Marketing Travel and Tourism products and services
- You will also cover an introductory look at cabin crew
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme
- Employability programme. A range of activities that will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- GCSE: At least 4, graded A*-C including English and Maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism at Merit Level (or related subject)
- Assessment in English and Math’s is required
- Compulsory attendance at a Travel Information Event
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
Continual assessment throughout the year and a number of assignments both written and practical.
Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course
This course is designed for learners that want to progress straight into employment or progression on to the Level 3 Diploma (Merit grade and good student profile). Progression on to the Level 2 Cabin Crew Course (Merit grade and good student profile)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.