Hospitality and Catering - Level 1 Diploma in Vocational Studies – Hospitality & Catering (for students aged 14-16) at Wakefield College
What you will study
• Introduction to the hospitality industry (mandatory)
• Customer service in the hospitality industry (mandatory)
• Community action
• Dealing with problems in daily life
• Making the most of leisure time
• Working towards goals
• Managing own money
• Working as part of a group
• Healthy living
• Food service
• Preparing and serving drinks
• Basic food preparation and cooking
• Using kitchen equipment
• Introduction to food commodities
• Introduction to healthy eating
• Front office operations
• Food Safety in catering
How you will learn
3 GCSEs at A* - G
How you will be assessed
You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence that can include observations, assignments, practical tests, written tests, oral questions, witness statements and case studies.
Please contact the 14-16 Unit at Wakefield College for details: Tel - 01924 789742 or by email - 14-16UnitMailbox@wakefield.ac.uk.
VTCT L2 Diploma in Food, Beverage and Professional Cookery Studies
VTCT L3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
This programme can lead on to more advanced qualifications that will open the door to a wide range of careers in the Hospitality Industry.
If you require further information please contact:
School staff should contact the 14-16 Unit on 01924 789742.
Visit our Hospitality and Catering Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hospitalityandcateringatwakefieldcollege
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.