Mathematics A Level at The Quest Academy
Whilst studying Mathematics, you will be expected to:
1. Use mathematical skills and knowledge to solve problems
2. Solve quite complicated problems by using mathematical arguments and logic. You will also have to understand and demonstrate what is meant by proof in mathematics
3. Simplify real life situations so that you can use mathematics to show what is happening and what might happen in different circumstances
4. Use the mathematics that you learn to solve problems that are given to you in a real life context
5. Use calculator technology and other resources (such as formulae booklets or statistical tables) effectively and appropriately; understand when not to use such technology and its limitations.
The main entry requirements plus a minimum of a grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics.
There are 4 units of Pure Mathematics and 2 of Applied Mathematics. The Applied Units are usually Statistics or Mechanics.
The full A Level comprises 6 units, all of which will be examined in Year 13.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Quest Academy directly.