Business Studies BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Bishop Douglass School
This course is offered over one year.
The four units studied will give the students a complete overview of the types of challenges that businesses face in an increasingly competitive market place. This will involve the preparation of three portfolios which will investigate and compare the internal and external environments that businesses operate in. There will also be one externally assessed examination unit.
Regular attendance and strict adherence to deadlines are, therefore, essential.
Students must complete four units.
The topics that will be covered in each unit are as follows:-
Unit 1 Enterprise in the Business World
- Understand how to prepare for business
- Know how different aspects affect preparation for business
- Understand how to start and run a business
Unit 2 Finance for Business (External online test)
- The costs, revenue and profit for a business operation
- How businesses use break even analysis
- Prepare a cash flow forecast
- Ways of recording financial transactions.
Unit 4 Principles of Customer Service
- How customer service is provided in business
- Presentation and interpersonal skills in customer service situations
- How consistent and reliable customer service contributes to customer satisfaction
- How to monitor and evaluate customer service within an organisation
Unit 8 Recruitment, Selection and Employment
- Know about job roles and their functions in organisations
- Be able to produce documentation for specific job roles
- Be able to prepare for employment and plan career development
The assignments themselves are quite substantial and will be broken down into a number of tasks with separate deadlines. It is essential that students keep up to date with these deadlines because the feedback given by the teacher once they have been marked will allow students to improve their grade. Students who miss the deadline will miss out on this feedback.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Douglass School directly.