Vehicle Maintenance & Repair IMI Level 2 Diploma at Carshalton College
This level 2 qualification covers the technical needs for today's motor vehicle repair industry including the diagnosis of non-complex system faults. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.
It is a learning programme which involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing: engine units and components, Electrical auxiliary units and components, Chassis units and components.
- Students also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
- Motor Vehicle Practical (one day per week)
- Motor Vehicle Theory
- Functional / Basic skills
GCSEs at grade D in both Maths and English, or working towards Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy. You will have successfully completed a Level 1 Motor Vehicle qualification.
You will be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview.
- 85% attendance on current course
- Successful completion of current Motor Vehicle course
- Completion of the G3 Customer Service assignment
- Behaviour and punctuality must be excellent and a reference from current course tutor will be required.
- Observation of practical work
- Written Assessments
- Oral Assessment
- On-Line Computer Examinations
Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds.
IMI Level 3 Diploma in Maintenance and Repair or an apprenticeship programme, if entry requirements are met from previous course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.