IT (Social Media & Digital Communication) OCR Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3 at Southampton City College
With rapid changes in technology and consumer behaviour, many companies have social media and digital communication teams working to increase the company's online presence on sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn as well as their own digital marketing tools including websites and videos.
This hands-on course is designed to give you the creative and technical skills to follow a career in the areas of social media and digital communications. It will include understanding and producing creative content to inspire your audience using developing technologies such as mobile apps. The course will develop your skills of communicating online and designing and creating marketing tools to communicate with your audience.
- Communicating face to face and online
- Understanding and using business information
- Using technology for online business
- Designing and creating websites
- Designing and creating interactive animations
- Using social media as a communication tool
- Using mobile technologies
- Cloud computing
- Modelling data and database systems
- Creating and manipulating graphics
- Computer animation for media, gaming, web and mobile phone applications
- 5 GCSEs A* - C (including English and maths) or
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, including
- Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills
- HND or degree level study
- Social media, Digital marketing and Web design related employment
- Advanced apprenticeship in IT or digital communications
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.