Employability BTEC Level 2 at St Vincent College
This is a one year course designed for students who are able to study at Level 2. Students dip into a vocational subject area (e.g. Performing Arts, Horticulture, Health and Care, Sport, ICT etc) in line with their career aspirations and are supported in achieving work skills units in:
- Preparing for and attending interviews
- Contributing to meetings
- Building relationships with colleagues
- Setting and meeting personal targets
- Practicing leaderships / teamwork skills
- Applying for jobs
Qualifications gained will include the following:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Work Skills
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in a vocational area (e.g. Health Care, Performing Arts, Horticulture, Sport and Leisure, Public Services)
The course is taught by specialist staff in cross-college disciplines. Students are supported by LSAs in the classroom in lessons.
The course is portfolio based and is internally assessed then externally moderated
Functional Skills may be assessed through examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Vincent College directly.