Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification (QCF), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating competence and practical skills linked to the job
- A technical certificate, achieved at College, showing the theoretical principles and knowledge relevant to the job and other qualifications valued by employers such as:
- Functional skills, which show competency in English, maths or I.C.T applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
In the workplace, candidates must complete a work-related qualification based on the following units:
- Communicate using customer service language
- Follow the rules to deliver customer service
- Skills, knowledge and competences will be assessed in your workplace. It provides students with an opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for a career in customer service.
- At College or in the workplace, candidates will study a Certificate in Customer Service at Level 2 which includes:
- Delivery of effective customer service
- Supporting the customer service environment
- Functional skills in maths and English at Level 1 are part of the course.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. They must be employed in a business setting for a minimum of 30 hours a week (including work and College). Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, English, ICT or science. All applicants will be individually interviewed and assessed.
Please contact the Business Development Team for further details:
- Tel: 0800 046 7720
- Email: email@example.com
Some courses are fully or partially funded, depending upon individual circumstances.
After you have successfully completed this course you could progress onto the NVQ level 3 in Customer Service, NVQ in Business and Administration or Contact Centre Operations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.