Site Carpentry C&G Level 2 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
This course is aimed at developing students’ personal learning and thinking skills through practical tasks underpinned with theoretical knowledge of the construction industry.
The course lends itself to progression through self-study allowing students to develop their own skills and knowledge in our newly built and well equipped workshops.
96% Achievement Rate
The Diploma is made up of the eight following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
A relevant Level 1 qualification including English and Maths requirements plus successful interview and reference.
Students practical and theory work is assessed throughout the year. Students are required to produce subject specific assignments for theory before taking exams to complete each unit.
Practical training projects are assessed before progressing to a practical test.
After 1 year at Level 2 you can achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry. This means you can apply for Level 3 or seek employment or apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.