Information Technology BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1 at St Helens College
This introductory course is designed to help you develop a wide range of skills including problem solving, communication and research, to prepare you for the next level of study.
You'll develop your understanding of digital communication technologies, explore website design and spreadsheets and learn how to develop computer programs.
- Unit 1 - Being Organised
- Unit 2 - Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Unit 3 - Working with Others
- Unit 4 - Researching a Topic
- Unit 5 - Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Unit 6 - Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Unit 7 - Solving Technical IT Problems
- Unit 8 - Creating a Spreadsheet to Solve Problems
- Unit 9 - Creating a Website
- Unit 10 - Creating a Computer Program
No previous qualifications are required. However, a willingness to learn, achieve and progress is essential.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career, so a willingness to improve this is desirable.
You will be assessed using a range of practical assignments, coursework and a portfolio of evidence.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Upon successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in IT.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.