Level 3 Wall and Floor Tiling at Sheppey College
This qualification has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work as a Wall and Floor Tiler in the construction industry or progress to further training.
You will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Safe working practises in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology 3
- Provide drainage for tiled surfaces
- Produce internal and external sand and cement backgrounds
- Produce tiles, mosaic and stone surface finishes
- Prepare the background and tile out a wet room
Entry is subject to interview, an assignment and taking part in a taster day. Exempt from maths & English or 2 C Grade GCSEs.
Criteria-based course ending in one end of year knowledge test. Practical skills timed assessment.
Progression into employment or enrolment onto a Level 4 qualification.
You will be required to wear workshop PPE including steel toe cap boots. Enrichment opportunities will include visits, activities and guest speakers. 1 - 2 hours for independent study should be set aside every week.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.