AS / A Level - French at Blackpool Sixth Form College
An ability to speak French is advantageous in the international job market as it is the world’s fifth biggest economy and number three destination for foreign investment. French, with English, is both a working language and an official language of the U.N, the E.U, UNESCO, NATO, the Olympic Committee, the Red Cross and international courts.
AS French Year includes:
- The opportunity to express your opinions in French, on a variety of topics ranging from tourism to education
- Reading original texts and writing short essays about issues affecting young people.
- Translating short sentences from French to English.
A2 French Year includes:
- Gaining an awareness of current global issues and expressing your opinions on them
- Understanding French culture and history better through the study of French cinema
- Translating short texts from English to French.
B grade or above in GCSE French
- 60% reading, writing and listening
- 40% speaking.
Exam board: WJEC
Language skills are much sought after in the commercial world. Many students go on to study languages at university, often in combination with another subject and find employment in areas as varied as Law, International Tourism, and Business.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.