Conservation and Wildlife Management – Level 3 Diploma at Sparsholt College
This exciting course will develop your practical skills and consists of 12 study units covering the ecology and practical management of all the major habitat types in Britain.
You’ll work both on the 450 acre College estate and off site on work placements with conservation organisations and will also take part in fascinating study tours and site visits to the Cairngorms, Snowdonia and London.
As a Sparsholt student you’ll benefit from our lecturers’ strong links with conservation organisations including National Trust, RSPB, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust and Hampshire County Council, some of your potential future employers.Topics covered
• Wildlife population surveys, ecology and conservation
• Estate skills, chainsaw and machinery use
• Woodland, grassland, heathland, urban, farm, freshwater and coastal habitat management
• Livestock use in conservation management
Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English and a related Science subject/Level 2 Diploma with a minimum of two units at Merit level plus English GCSE at grade C or above.
• Degree courses in Ecology, Wildlife Management
• Assistant Conservation Officer
• Nature Reserve Warden
• Countryside Ranger
• Ecological Surveyor
• Environmental Education Office
• Self-employed Habitat Contractor
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.