Level 3 Animal Care (Dog Grooming) Apprenticeship at ProCo NW Ltd
This apprenticeship is suited to young people who would like a career in the animal care industry and need the correct skill set and knowledge to work effectively within this industry.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate plans for health and welfare of animals
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the workplace
- Plan the handling and restraint of animals
- Plan, supervise and control the movement of animals
- Monitor and evaluate the accomodation of animals
- Select animals for trianing
- Design individual trainign programmes for animals
- Implement individual training programmes for animals
- Evaluate and improve training programmes which enable animals to achieve specific objectives
- Employed in an animla establishment including: dog care centre, pet shop, grooming centre, rescue kennels.
- Previous level 2 animla care qualification, where possible
- Practical assessments
- Written assessments
Potential careers, after comelting this qualification, include:
- Assistant dog groomer
- Farm worker (livestock)
- Horse groomer
- Animal technician
- Dog handler
- Pet shop assistant
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.