BTEC Health and Social Care at JCoSS
This course aims to provide you with some of the knowledge, skills and practical experience to pursue a career or further study in the health and social care sector. These can include, communication skills, equality and diversity, public health, anatomy
and physiology, life stage development, nutrition, promoting health education, sociological perspectives and personal and professional development.
You will also learn about policies/procedures relating to health, safety, security and safeguarding for both vulnerable adults and children.
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through the life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
You will also study a number of option units including:
- Working in the health/social care sector
- Caring for individuals with additional needs
This diploma is equivalent to two A-Levels.
Health and social care is one of the largest industry sectors and offers a huge choice of careers. Future opportunities could include careers such as health care assistant, home carer, nurse, social worker & higher education/university courses such as early childhood studies. As such, we would expect students to be self-motivated, with an interest in and enthusiasm for understanding the practical nature of health and social care.
This course suits people who are interested in working and developing careers with vulnerable people of all ages and abilities in a health and social care capacity. Skills and knowledge will be assessed through a range of practical projects and assignments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact JCoSS directly.