BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport at Neale-Wade Academy
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport is intended to be an Applied General qualification for Post-16 learners wanting to continue their education through applied learning, and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment, possibly in the sports sector. The qualification is equivalent in size to three A Levels and has been designed as a full two-year programme.
A single award option equivalent to one A level is also available.
The qualification provides the knowledge, understanding and skills that allow learners to gain experience of the sport sector that will prepare them for further study or training. Learners will study mandatory units:
• Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
• Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
• Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Unit 4: Sports Leadership
• Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance
• Unit 8: Coaching for Performance
• Unit 9: Research Methods in Sport
• Unit 19: Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
• Unit 22: Investigating Business in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
• Unit 23: Skill Acquisition in Sport.
Learners will also choose six optional units that have been designed to support progression to the range of sector-related courses in higher education, and to link with relevant occupational areas.
During this course learners will experience a range of different assessment methods. This includes exams, coursework, practical performance, controlled assessments and student led presentations.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as meeting, or contributing to, admission requirements for many relevant courses. Learners can progress to higher education on full degree single or combined courses, for example:
• BA (Hons) in Sports Development and Management
• BSc (Hons) in Sports Management
• BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management
• BSc (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management
• BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Outdoor Activities)
• BSc (Hons) in Exercise, Health and Fitness
• BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Psychology
The qualification is also recognised by many employers and previous BTEC Level 3 Sport students have also entered employment or continued into apprenticeships building on the skills they have gained throughout the course.
The single option Extended Certificate is in Block D.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.