Creative Computing BTEC National Level 3 Diploma at Heaton Manor School
The new BTEC National in Creative Computing combines up to date industry knowledge with the right balance of practical, research and study skills students need to succeed in higher education and other careers.
The course has been developed by employers and educators to ensure that students will “hit the ground running” when they move on to the next stage of their lives, whether that’s in to further study or employment.
The Diploma is a two year course equivalent to two A Levels. The courses include a mixture of mandatory content and a range of bespoke units to equip learners with the skills they need in the workplace or specialist higher education courses.
Level 2 BTEC IT (Pass) or C grade in GCSE IT. Grade C/D in GCSE Maths and English.
The Diploma has ten units of study over two years:
1. Principles of Computer Science which is an on screen external exam
2. Planning and Management of Computing Projects which is an exam board set and marked controlled assessment. It is a practical task tackling an everyday challenge which draws on pre-released information.
3. Building Computer Systems which is a coursework module.
4. IT Systems Security which is a coursework module.
5. Human Computer Interaction which is a coursework module.
6. Software Development which is a coursework module.
In addition there are four optional units allowing students to specialise from:
1. Digital Graphics & Animation
2. Digital Audio
3. Digital Video
4. Computer Games Development
5. Website Development
6. 3D Modelling
The BTEC awards are designed to provide a progression route to higher education and further training or employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heaton Manor School directly.