Business Studies - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to learn more about how businesses work? Do you want to develop the skills to solve challenging business problems? This course introduces you to the world of business. It covers a range of important topics, including how businesses are started, how they market themselves, and how they manage their finances.
You will also explore the external factors affecting business, and the strategic decisions that are made in response. You will consider how businesses are structured, and how they manage people and resources.
The course can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study in conjunction with other AS subjects or with a BTEC Diploma at Level 3. Business Studies combines particularly well with Accounting or Computing, but our staff will be happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language). Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
- All students should take an interest in local and national business news.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is modular with assessment at the end of each year. There are two external examinations each year.
Whether you study the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, including Grŵp Llandrillo Menai.
If you choose to continue your studies in a related subject, Grŵp Llandrillo Menai offers a range of Higher Nationals, Foundation Degrees and BA Honours degrees at its Bangor, Dolgellau and Rhos-on-Sea Campuses.
At the Rhos-on-Sea campus, you may choose to specialise in one of the following pathways:
- Human Resources
Your career options would include a wide range of business contexts, including accountancy, business finance, human resources, retail, management and marketing.Career opportunities
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.