Drama - Performing Arts (Acting) BTEC Certificate leading to Subsidiary Diploma at Havering Sixth Form College
The course is concerned with developing your interest and enjoyment in the subject, both as participants and as informed members of an audience. Through studying a combination of practice and theory, you will develop your performance and academic skills, and achieve a deeper understanding and critical appreciation of the subject.
You can expect to:
- Develop your individual and ensemble acting and performance skills
- Act and perform in a wide range of different drama and theatre productions
- Stage devised performances and ones based on pre-existing texts in order to develop an understanding of the performance process
- Explore different aspects of theatre history and understand its place within culture and contemporary performance
- Explore various playwrights and study important plays from Shakespeare to the present day
- Develop an understanding of how the actor and director interprets a text from a variety of critical perspectives
One B and four Cs at GCSE, C Grade English GCSE, Successful workshop/audition.
Exam Board – Edexcel
100% coursework (including written and practical work).
You can continue onto a wide range of degree courses, both academic and practical, and higher performance qualifications, including Theatre and Drama, Acting, Performance Production (e.g. stage management), Performing Arts, English Literature, Media, Film, and various other humanities subjects. Employers, particularly in those professions that involve problem-solving and people skills, also value this subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering Sixth Form College directly.