Complimentary Therapies VTCT Diploma Level 3 at Doncaster College
This is a professional qualification which allows membership to –
- Aromatherapy, Allied Practitioners Associated (AAPA)
- General Council for Massage Therapy (GCMT
- International federation of Reflexologists (IFR)
You will be taught through a combination of classroom and salon based activities and will complete written and practical work. You will learn practical treatments by working on your classmates, before moving on to work on paying clients in our real life working salon.
All lessons will be taught by experience, qualified staff and assessed by qualified, highly experienced and occupationally competent assessors.
The qualification includes the following units
- Principals and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapists
- Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapists
- Provide Body Massage for Complementary Therapies
- Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies
- Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
Assessment will include practical observations on paying clients, written assignments, computer based tests and building portfolio of evidence. You will also be required to complete a number of practical case studies at home in your own time.
Students who successfully complete this qualification will be well prepared for a variety of Service Sector Careers and for Self Employment as Complementary Therapists. Progression onto other Complementary Therapy Qualifications or to Foundation Degree, Degree or Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advance techniques in the Hair and Beauty sector
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.