Music Business and Management UAL Level 3 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
This one year course is designed for students interested in the marketing, organisation and management support for all forms of music and arts events, including festivals, concerts, gigs and shows or people interested in managing bands or labels.
Students will learn how to plan, advertise, administrate and run music gigs, labels, artists along with theatre and art based events.
- Music Production Techniques
- The Sound & Music Industry
- Concert Production & Staging – legal and health and safety part of events
- Marketing & Promotion in the Music Industry – how to promote events
- Music in the Community – community music projects
- Music Project – organising an event
- The Music Freelance World – working as freelancer
- Performing Arts Event Management – managing a music event
- Arts in the Community – a community arts/music event
- Listening Skills – developing skills to listen and discuss music
- Music & Events Management – organising an event
- Music & Society – how music fits in with wider culture
Students who have not achieved a A*- C grade in English and Maths will be required to study the appropriate level as part of their main qualification. Functional skills or GCSE’s in English and Maths are part of the core programme of study.
If you have less that grade C in GCSE English or Maths, you will also study that subject at college.
To start on this course you need:
4 GCSEs at grades A* to C including either English or Maths (if you have A* to C in English, your Maths grade must be minimum D - or vice versa)
a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject (eg Theatre Production, Media or Music Performance), including English and Maths requirements.
After 1 year, you can achieve a UAL Diploma in Music Performance and Production. Some students will seek employment but most will apply for the Extended Diploma course (below).
After 2 years, you can achieve a UAL Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production. This is equivalent to 3 A Levels. This means you can apply for university level courses or seek work in the music and entertainment industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.