Art and Design Level 3 Diploma at Southampton City College
This two-year course is ideal if you wish to pursue a career in the creative arts sector. It is equivalent to three A-Levels and is recognised as an entry qualification for degree level study. Most of the work is practical and studio/workshop based. There will be class discussions, specialist workshops and lectures on the more theoretical aspects of the course and you will visit galleries, museums and local employers to enhance your knowledge. You get to work with different mediums in the first year then focus on your preferred specialism in the second year. You will showcase your work to the public, local employers and higher education institutions at our end of year exhibition.
- Fine Art
- Visiting artists and guest lecturers
- End of year exhibition
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C (including English), or
- Level 2 in Art and Design (including Level 2 in Literacy)
- HNC/HND in Art and Design or Photography
- Pre-degree Foundation in Art and Design
- Freelance work
- Work as a trainee designer or photographer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.