Level 3 Animal Care (Pet Care & Retail) Apprenticeship at ProCo NW Ltd
This apprenticeship will help learners get the skills and knowledge needed to do a job effectively in the animal care industry.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate plans for the health and welfare of animals
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the workplace
- Plan the handling and restraint of animals
- Plan, supervise and control the movement of animals
- Plan the accomodation of animals
- Monitor and the evaluate the accomodation of animals
- Select animals for training
- Design individual training programmes for animals
- Implement individual training programmes for animals
- Evaluate and improve training programmes which enable animals to achieve specific objectives
- Employed in an animal establishment including: dog groomers, dog day care centres, pet shops, rescue kennels.
- Previous level 2 animal care qualification, where possible
- Practical assessments
- Written assessments
Potential careers, after completing this qualification, include:
- Assistant dog groomer
- Farm worker (livestock)
- Horse groomer
- Dog handler
- Animal technician
- Kennel worker
Katie Miller, Animal Care Apprentice: "I love my apprenticeship. The staff at ProCo are friendly and very supportive; they help you as much as possible."
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.