Hospitality Services Level 2 Apprenticeship at Somerset College
Hospitality involves providing a service for the public from arranging events and accommodation to serving food and drink. This course will prepare you for job roles within this area including front of house reception, waiter or silver service waiter, bar person and housekeeping.
In addition the course will enable you to develop customer service and team-working skills relevant to the Hospitality Industry.
As an Apprentice you will spend the majority of time at your place of work and your College tutor will visit you there. You will attend College on a one day per week (or equivalent) basis, where you will complete the following:
- Practical activities not available at your place of work, which will enable you to complete the qualification eg participating in a special event.
- Theory sessions to enable you to complete assessments, for example in customer care; Health & Safety, food and drink service. This is termed the ‘Technical Certificate’.
- Functional Skills/Maths/English Level 1 (unless already achieved or equivalent GCSE gained).
- GCSEs at a minimum of grades D to E or an NVQ Level 1 or relevant work experience.
- A pre-entry interview is required following application through the Apprenticeship database.
- Literacy and numeracy levels will be assessed at interview.
Your tutor will guide you through assessments both at the workplace and at College. You will have practical assessments, online tests and assignments. Your performance will be observed at work and you may be asked questions about aspects of your role. You will be allocated a tutor/assessor who will guide you through this process.
You may wish to progress to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.
On successful completion of your Apprenticeship there are many career opportunities in the hospitality sector in a range of different establishments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.