Mathematics A-Level at John Port School
- There are two Pure Maths modules (Core 1 & Core 2). The areas covered include developing algebra, surds, indices, trigonometry and calculus.
- There is also an applied unit (Statistics 1) which expands on some of the probability from GCSE and looks at other topics in more depth.
- Modules are equally weighted. There are 3 exams: C1, C2, S1.
- There are another two pure maths modules (Core 3 & Core 4) that develop some of the concepts from Core 1 and Core 2.
- The applied module is Mechanics 1. This includes looking at motion and topics such as momentum, connected particles and projectiles.
- Modules are equally weighted. There are 3 exams: C3, C4, M1.
The general entry requirement for the Sixth Form applies. GCSE Maths at grade B or above and an average score of 43 points from your best 8 subjects including English and Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Port School directly.