Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General) at White Rose (Central College of Health and Beauty) Leeds
The main aim of the VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General) is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Beauty Therapy Services.
The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General) is comprised of 8 mandatory units and a selection optional units.
The course includes aspects of the following areas:
- Provide Facial Skin Care Treatment
- Provide Pedicure Services
- Provide Manicure Services
- Enhance the Appearance of Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- Carry Out Waxing Services
- Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Customers
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
Additional specialist options to enrich your programme and meet the demands of industry are available. Examples of these include facial electricals and nail technology
Our learners have access to our fully equipped and busy client salons.
Input from product companies like Dermalogica, St Tropez, and a range of employers will enhance your course throughout the year.
Learners are given career advice and have access to employment information available from salons and other employers.
- Ideally you will need to have 4 D - G grades at GCSE or equivalent
- Learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications,skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in Beauty Therapy.
- Assessment is through portfolio building and continual assessment of practicalskills, written work and assignments.
- Learner progress is monitored through regular tutorials and reviews.
- Support is provided by our expert team throughout the course
- The cost will vary depending on age and current qualifications and need to be discussed with the College.
- Any learners entitled to free tuition and assessment will still need to purchase a package that includes a beauty kit, uniform and books.
On successful completion you can undertake further study on the NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy or another programme or work in the industry
Visit our website www.whiterosebeautycolleges.co.uk for a full list of the programmes we offer.
Learners should contact the College to discuss/apply for this course and ensure it is appropriate for their needs.
The college is located in the centre of Leeds at:
The Central College of Health and Beauty, 4th Floor, 13-14 South Parade, Leeds, LS1 5QS
Tel: 0113 246 1966
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.