Professional Bakery Skills FDQ Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Types of flour used in the baking industry
- Metering, weighing and storage of ingredients
- Yeast fermentation and its uses in the bakery
- Function of ingredients in the bakery
- Mixing methods and bread making used in the bakery
- Use of size reduction portioning equipment in the bakery
- Bread faults you may come across in the bakery trade
- Use of retardation, proving and pre-oven preparation in the bakery trade
Cook up a great career in the bakery profession with the Level 3 Professional Bakery Skills qualification. You will gain the skills and knowledge needed to become a professional baker, working with industry-standard ingredients and learning about the various ways in which bread, cakes, scones, muffins and pastry are made including mechanical dough development, bulk fermentation and many more.
You will get the chance to work with real customers and put your customer service skills to the test in our very own bakery shop and will also learn about the theoretical side of bakery such as food safety and health and safety.
Gaining the qualification will enable you to pursue a career in the bakery industry or progress to a higher level course.
We have an excellent success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students, some of whom have gone on to work in the bakery shops or the bakery department of supermarkets, whilst others have become managers of bakeries or bakery tutors.
To access the course you are required to have four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above, or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation during practical sessions, gather evidence for your portfolio and end of unit testing to assess your knowledge and understanding.
The skills you will learn on the course will enable you to:
- Work in a bakery or confectionery establishment
- Specialise in mechanical dough development
- Progress to the FDQ Professional Bakery Skills Level 3 qualification
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.