Performing Arts Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Do you have an active interest in performing? Would you like to develop your skills and build your confidence?
This course is designed to encourage a range of performance skills, including acting, movement, performing in a musical context, and working on your own innovative ideas. You will gain a valuable insight into the performing arts, and be able to work in a professional manner with people who have the same interests.
The course is suitable if you are progressing from GCSE studies, or from a relevant Level 1 course. It will allow you to gain confidence over time, performing with your classmates and preparing to perform before an audience.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom and theatrebased learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of two GCSEs at grade D or above, plus a positive Record of Achievement; or,
- Satisfactory attainment on a relevant Level 1 qualification
- You must also have an active interest in performing, with some demonstrable skill, knowledge or experience
- You must have a high level of commitment, and be willing to practice in order to perform successfully
- Applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements are encouraged to apply if they feel they have other relevant skills, qualifications or experience in lieu of the standard entry requirements
- Places on the programme are subject to interview and audition.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Some units are assessed externally (both written and practical assessments)
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios and logbooks of activities
- Performance and observation
The qualifications and skills you will have gained will help you to progress in education.
They will also give you the fundamental skills to start or progress your career in the creative and performing industries.
Depending on your attainment at Level 2, you may be able to progress onto a number of advanced Level 3 courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai including:
Performing Arts Level 3, available at:
You could also progress into other subject areas, and will be able to seek advice on your best options.Career opportunities
- Conference Centre Manager
- Events Manager
- Sound Engineer
- Studio Producer
- Theatre Manager
Programme code: 0901A02B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.