Vehicle Technology Introduction IMI Entry Level 3 Diploma at Grantham College
The Diploma is ideal for 16-19 year old learners who enjoy the sector and wish to develop experience in a variety of motor industry sectors, at a level suiting their ability. The inclusion of Level 1 optional units also prepares learners for the opportunity to progress to a higher level.
IMIAL Entry Level 3 Diploma for the Introduction to Vehicle Technology - This is one year programme reflecting the skills and knowledge needed to carry tasks in the automotive industry.
The qualification is made up of both core and optional units covering a wide range of knowledge areas:
- Introduction to Motor Vehicle Workshop
- Safety Introduction to the Retail Automotive
- Maintenance and Repair
- Industry Motor Vehicle Workshop
- Tools and Equipment
- Principles of Engine Components and Operation
- Principles of Light Vehicle
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Simple Body Repair Processes
- Principles of Component Fitting
- Routine Cooling and Lubrication System checks
- Routine Braking System Checks
- Routine Wheel and Tyre Checks
- Routine Vehicle Checks
- Basic Vehicle Valeting
- Light Vehicle Construction
- Motorcycle Construction
- Routine Motorcycle Checks
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance
- Processes and Procedures on Vehicles (4 Wheels or more)
- Spark Ignition
- System Maintenance
- Vehicle Lighting System Maintenance
- Introduction to Spark Ignition
- Fuel Systems
There are no entrance requirements for this course other than an interest towards working in the Motor Industry, although a basic aptitude for Maths and working with your hands is desirable.
Learning outcomes are set at unit level and are achieved by following task based, oral assessments and one on line assessment.
Full Time Further Education courses are free for those who are under 19 on 31 August of the year they start their course. Exam resit fees may apply if and when applicable.
You could enter into the mechanical engineering sector as an apprentice or choose to improve your skills further with a higher level course at Grantham College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grantham College directly.