Computing and IT Level 2 Apprenticeship at Bridgwater College
Are you looking for a career within the computing industry? This apprenticeship offers a practical approach for anyone wishing to train as an IT professional. It is suitable no matter what your particular interests in computing are because all of the units are tailored around you and your job role.
This apprenticeship provides the skills, knowledge and competence required to become an IT, Software or Web Professional in a wide range of job roles such as, IT Technical Support, Software Developer, Web Developer, Database Administrator, Telecoms Engineer and Network Planner.
If you are interested in computing and the challenge of work, but want to keep learning in a practical way, then this course is for you. You will need to be able to follow instructions and pay close attention to detail.
This apprenticeship course requires you to complete an array of qualifications which include the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT (Workplace based) and the Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems & Principles (one day a week in College). The qualifiactions have mandatory and optional units exampled below:
- Health and Safety in ICT
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
- Customer Care in ICT
- Introduction to IT Systems Development
- Remote Support for Products or Services
- Technical Advice and Guidance
- Testing ICT Systems
- Software Installation and Upgrade
- Working with ICT Hardware and Equipment
- Computer Systems
- Web Fundamentals
- At least five GCSEs in the A* - E range or an appropriate level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and employer placement for the apprenticeship
- A keen interest in Computing and IT and a willingness to learn new skills that will make you an asset to your employer
The majority of work is assessed through practical assessment which takes place within the workplace. You will also have to complete some written coursework to achieve the knowledge units which takes place at college.
On successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship you can progress up to the Advanced Apprenticeship and then on to the Higher Apprenticeship. If you successfully complete these you are then eligible to progress on to gain a full degree in Computing.
This qualification can lead to you securing a job in a wide range of roles, such as:
- Business Analyst
- Computer Games Designer
- Computer Games Technical Support Person
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Service Technician
- Internet/Web Professional
- IT Product Developer
- IT Technical Sales Specialist
- IT Trainer
- Telecommunications Technician
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.