Hairdressing - NVQ Diploma Level 2 - non WBQ at Coleg Sir Gar
- The course is full time consisting of three days and one evening in college.
- Extra curriculum activities include fashion shows, competitions and industrial events.
- A hairdressing kit and uniform are a compulsory requirement for the course, candidates progressing from level 1 need to ensure all kit is updated. Approximate price of kit is £220.
- Students will attend work experience as part of the course.
- On completion of the course successful candidates will have a follow up interview and skills test to establish suitability for the Hairdressing NVQ level 3 programme.
- A realistic working salon builds candidates' confidence, experience and awareness of the industrial salon environment.
This full-time NVQ Diploma Level 2 qualification is aimed at developing candidates to become junior hairdressing salon stylists and covers basic hairdressing techniques. It is the second level of qualification within the hairdressing framework, leading to other qualifications at levels 2 and 3.
Alongside this qualification students will also undertake: ESW Edexel BTEC Level 2 Award in Customer Service VTCT L2 Award in Reception Duties VTCT L2 Award in Retail knowledge VTCT L2 Award in Employer Awareness.
Candidate must have completed Hairdressing NVQ Level 1 and the core Essential Skills, and be successful with the entry interview and skills test.
Continual practical observation on real paying clients throughout the programme. Written tests and oral questions for each unit and three assignments to ensure essential knowledge and understanding.
This qualification is the minimum requirement for the qualified hair stylist. Level 2 is an essential requirement for progressing onto Hairdressing Level 3.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.